NATIONAL UNION OF GHANA STUDENTS-TERNOPIL
MOTO: ‘Character, a must for perfect education”
National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS) was inaugurated as a result of the unprecedented increase in the Ghanaian community in Ukraine. There arose the pressing need for the people of Ghana in Ukraine to come together and portray our beautiful culture to the Europeans and the World, to build great love among ourselves and to ensure greater security. Ghanaian Students Associations (GSA) as it was formerly known but was changed to NUGS due to the reform in the aims and objectives and the wider growth of the body.
President of the National Union of Ghana Students Ternopil
National Union of Ghana Students’ motto is: “Character, a must for perfect education”.
Its aims and objectives include:
- To promote unity amongst its members.
- To assist its members in times of need.
- To promote unity and co-operation amongst Ghanaians in Ukraine.
- To liaise between Ghanaians in Ukraine and the Ukrainian Government on one hand and the Ghanaian government on the other hand.
- To promote and protect the good image of Ghana.
- To protect international co-operation and friendship.
- To foster economic, social and cultural relationship between Ghanaians and other International bodies and governments.
- To protect Ghanaian students in Ukraine from any abuse as regards race, colour, religion, sex and any other form of discrimination.
- To ensure that issues and problems peculiar to Universities and University Colleges are promptly and effectively attended to.
- To coordinate with similar organization(s) which share in the philosophy of NUGS-Ukraine to achieve its set agenda.
- To ensure that there is effective mobilization of students of member institutions/blocks for the holistic development of individuals, the association and the nation as a whole.
- To liaise with University students’ associations elsewhere in Europe and the world for effective exchange of ideas and information in aid of promoting quality university education.
- To foster mutual cooperation with relevant university authorities and government for the formulation of appropriate policies and programs concerning university education.
NUGS is found in almost all states in Ukraine: Kyiv, Lviv, Kharkiv, Sumy, Ivano-Frankivsk, Zaprizhia, Ternopil, Poltava, Odessa, Dnepropetrovsk, Rivne, Vinnytsia.
Annual programs are held both locally and nationally. These programs include: Independence Day celebrations, Christmas or end of year parties, Freshers Day, Success Empowerment Programs, Academic Colloquiums, etc.
“We are one body from all walks of life. Togetherness, Unity and Peace will always be our hallmark.”
National Union of Ghana Students (NUGS-Ternopil) was inaugurated in 2007 and has grown tremendously over the years. It is currently chaired by Miss Juliet Kusi-Boateng, the incumbent president and a fifth year medical student who took over from Stephen Osei Yaw Tufour. The union has about 200-300 students and our aims and objectives are as aforementioned. Over the years the union has ensured the proper welfare of its member in terms of education, health and all social aspects of life. The union yearly holds educative seminars, debates, independence celebrations and other resourceful programs that benefits the entire student body as a whole. These great achievements could not be overlooked by acknowledging the meritorious services of the executive body as follows: